Permissions not inheriting to files and folders in Linux mint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
khanyasi

Permissions not inheriting to files and folders in Linux mint

Post by khanyasi »

We are using Linux mint with ext4 file system mounted with acl option, I want to set a folder such that anything created within it directories or files inherit default permissions and group = 775, I have applied setfacl with options (-R -d -m ugo:rwx)i also tried changing user umask 0002 but still files being created as 644 can someone please help me with this thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Permissions not inheriting to files and folders in Linux mint

Post by altair4 »

I have never used acl's to do this opting for using a setgid instead but this part of your post is of interest:
i also tried changing user umask 0002
The default umask in Mint 18 is already at 0002.

The default umask in Mint 17 and earlier is 0022 because of a bug in the display manager ( that is not a typo ) Mint used. If you are using Mint 17 or earlier try this workaround to set the umask to 0002 and see if it resolves your issue: Resetting Mint's Default umask to 002
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
khanyasi

Re: Permissions not inheriting to files and folders in Linux mint

Post by khanyasi »

I have already setup umask to 0002 but no its not helping

Return to “Other topics”