using the low latency kernel

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BananaTech

using the low latency kernel

Post by BananaTech »

I am setting up my computer for audio production and internet djing in addition to everything else I need to do , I tried using the low latency kernel on Linux mint before with mixed results is there a way to apply it without breaking my system is running Linux mint 18.3 cinnamon, I'm using the directions to set it up from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubunt ... reparation
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Re: using the low latency kernel

Post by Termy »

If this (I assume the instruction to which you're referring) installs the kernel version you want and can use okay, then sure, should work nicely. I tried out the low-latency one too, out of curiosity, although I don't think I really need it.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install linux-lowlatency
Just make sure you select that new kernel at bootup, via GRUB. You can adjust /etc/default/grub to make your selection perisistent. For reference, here's part of mine:

.lmscrot.jpg
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.

Return to “Other topics”