[SOLVED]18.3 Sylvia Menu Editor

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

[SOLVED]18.3 Sylvia Menu Editor

Post by Ozo »

I was messing around in the Menu Editor (Main Menu) of Sylvia and saw an option called "New Menu" (top right). I clicked it and got a file and named it X Files. Now I see it there but can not open it. A search (Synapse) does not reveal it and even though it is checked in accessories in the editor it does not show up in accessories in the panel list. :?:

For some reason the photo is not entirely shown but you can click it to see the whole image with "New Menu" visible in the upper right corner.

click to see entire image
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: LMC 18.3 Sylvia Menu Editor

Post by Cosmo. »

It took me some time until I found, that you mean with "LMC" the Cinnamon desktop. Please say it more clearly in the future.

The screenshot shows, that X-File is a subfolder, but the picture does not show, if and what is inside of this.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

The reason for your newly created menu entry not behaving as expected is that it is empty and has nothing to show. Put an executable programme into it using New Item.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

kyphi wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:37 pm The reason for your newly created menu entry not behaving as expected is that it is empty and has nothing to show. Put an executable programme into it using New Item.
Thank you.

Return to “Other topics”