Create a Mirrorserver

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hoerli

Create a Mirrorserver

Post by Hoerli »

Hello!

I currently have a Linux server with some free hard disk space.
I would like to provide it for a mirror of Linux Mint.
After a long time of googling I came across 2-3 instructions, which are quite good in themselves.
These are only created for Ubuntu and Debian.
Therefore, there is no information and necessary links for Mint.
Does anyone have a good instructions (for a beginner) that explains how to install a mirror?
I would prefer to do it all with apt-mirror, because Plesk is already running on my server and uses this rsync.
Wouldn't want to change anything there before Plesk quits his job. (Plesk users know the problem).
If you can just write the necessary commands to me, it would be helpful.

I come from Germany, so the German area will benefit from the mirror server. :)

Hope someone can help me.

Maybe I would like to add the VLC player in the future.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Create a Mirrorserver

Post by catweazel »

Hoerli wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:53 pm After a long time of googling I came across 2-3 instructions, which are quite good in themselves.
These are only created for Ubuntu and Debian.
Therefore, there is no information and necessary links for Mint.
The instructions for Ubuntu should work since Mint is based on Ubuntu. The instructions for Debian should provide confirmation of the Ubuntu instructions. With the Ubuntu instructions, you would, at most, expect to change references to Ubuntu into Mint. A look in Software Sources' repos list will also tell you what needs to change.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Petermint
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Petermint »

Where are the links you are looking at? Each Linux Mint is based on a specific Ubuntu. The instructions for Ubuntu should mention the version. The major recent system change was the move to systemd. There was very little change outside of configuring networks. If your network link to the server works, the rest should work.
Hoerli

Post by Hoerli »

@catweazel Wow, you're really smart.... :P
I already know that Mint is based on Ubuntu.
I'm looking for the appropriate links, because only the rsync links can be found on the mirror page. (https://linuxmint.com/mirrors.php)
I need somethink like that
deb http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

Is this just a case of adding the appropriate lines to /etc/apt/sources.list?
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.

Return to “Other topics”