BUG(?) "the specified directory is invalid" when it is not!

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zezin

BUG(?) "the specified directory is invalid" when it is not!

Post by zezin »

Hello there!
I got a message that says "The specified directory is invalid." when i was trying to execute:
$mono tuxlol.exe patch --dir /home/series789/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/.
It happens that the directory is actually real and i can go there manually, but the command doesnt appears to be able to reach it... Someone know's what is the issue with that? i would be very glad to solve this... :oops:
$inxi;
"CPU~Dual core Intel Core i5-2450M (-HT-MCP-) speed/max~811/3100 MHz Kernel~4.4.0-116-generic i686 Up~1:43 Mem~1104.9/5880.7MB HDD~500.1GB(20.4% used) Procs~197 Client~Shell inxi~2.2.35"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Re: BUG(?) "the specified directory is invalid" when it is not!

Post by Joe2Shoe »

Try removing this part: " --dir " in the pathway.
tuxlol.exe patch /home/series789/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/
Worth a shot.
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
zezin

Post by zezin »

Didnt work, the tuxlol software expect "patch" and "--dir", it doesnt run without it.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Shouldn't it be patch -d /home/series789/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/

or patch --directory=/home/series789/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/ :?:
zezin

Post by zezin »

WharfRat wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:14 pm Shouldn't it be patch -d /home/series789/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/

or patch --directory=/home/series789/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/LeagueOfLegends/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/ :?:
I tried and it also didnt work, not at all. But thanks, bro!
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Joe2Shoe »

Seems to me that the path you specified is not correct. Follow the path to "drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/", then right-click that folder, then copy the exact location and paste it into your original path. Sometimes, paths can be tricky.
Good luck.
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Did you first cd to the tuxlol dir?
zezin

Post by zezin »

Joe2Shoe wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:00 pm Seems to me that the path you specified is not correct. Follow the path to "drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/", then right-click that folder, then copy the exact location and paste it into your original path. Sometimes, paths can be tricky.
Good luck.
I already did it, but i tried again just to be sure and it doesnt change anything hahaha but thanks bro!
Last edited by zezin on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zezin

Post by zezin »

MrEen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 pm Did you first cd to the tuxlol dir?
i did it.

Return to “Other topics”