Terminal not opening up.... [Solved]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gaytan

Terminal not opening up.... [Solved]

Post by Gaytan »

Hello,

Since a few days, on my Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 I cannot open up terminal anymore; I get the message the 'use of terminal has been deprecated' and is renamed to rspterminal. When checked, there's no file like 'rspterminal' there...

Exact message when trying to open up terminal from X-term:

Usage of "terminal" is deprecated, it has been renamed to "rspterminal".

As for the rest my system works flawlessly I hate to think of a 'reinstall' (I read about in another forum post here) for just 'this problem'.

I did a sudo dpkg-reconfigure-locales, rebooted, but still same error.....

Anyone who can help me please?

Thanks!
;-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gaytan

Re: Terminal not opening up....

Post by Gaytan »

Ok... I had set my system language to 'Dutch' (Belgian, Flemish) as I'm now living in the 'Flemish /Dutch part" of Belgium..
Terminal never worked, like I mentioned...

As I was, about a few minutes ago, again confronted with really bad translation (from english to dutch / flemish) I decided to switch over my system language from Belgian to UK.
Restart....and...Terminal works again!!!

Guess there MUST be in bug in the terminal not functioning in other language(s) but ok... I'm happy!

So...terminal might 'act up' when you dare to change your system language! In my case it did!

So...solved!!!
:)
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Terminal not opening up....

Post by AZgl1800 »

Please go to your first post, and add [Solved] to the title

that way, others will see 'Solved' and read it to see what was wrong, and how to fix it
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Other topics”