Major security concern Gmail.Thunderbird, Firefox

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rebel Dog

Major security concern Gmail.Thunderbird, Firefox

Post by Rebel Dog »

I am a business owner.
I use an on-line business book keeping company.
One day out of the blue they had all of my clients email addresses from my Gmail account, this is not good.

I had a Vendor send me a credit application, it came to both business and personal email accounts, I asked him how he got my personal email address, he has not answered yet.

My Insurance guy has Gmail, he sent me an appointment for us to meet for lunch, his entire schedule from Google Calendar merged with mine,,he is not happy.

I am looking to fire Google.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Major security concern Gmail.Thunderbird, Firefox

Post by Joe2Shoe »

That's ONE good reason that I do NOT use Google mail (GMail). I use an encrypted email service located in another country. $50.00 US per year. Worth every penny. I use IMAP via Thunderbird.
Seems Google is spying, collecting personal data (emails, etc.), and who knows what else. Never trust anyone or anything.
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
idle

Post by idle »

Have a look at protonmail.com, its secure end to end encryption, based is Switzerland.
idle

Post by idle »

idle wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 am Look for secure end to end encryption.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

idle wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 am Have a look at protonmail.com, its secure end to end encryption, based is Switzerland.
Just be aware though, that the encryption is only valid end-point to end-point IF both users are using protonmail.com

I also have protonmail and if you send to a 'gmail' or 'yahoo' or other unencrypted account, protonmail does not send it out encrypted, except from you to the protonmail server.... that latter part might be enough for what you need.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Other topics”