Cinnamon 18.3 additional button "quit"

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
knut

Cinnamon 18.3 additional button "quit"

Post by knut »

Cinnamon 18.3 Sylvia 32 Bit

Hello,
The taskbar at the bottom of the Screen shows various thumbnails enabling the call of a program.
When-ever we want to quit LinuxMint, the menu has to be used.

To avoid this, I would prefer an additional button ("quit") besides the button Menu on the taskbar to leave LinuxMint.

Is there any possibility to realise this proposal?

Thanks for tips in advance,

kind regards
knut
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Cinnamon 18.3 additional button "quit"

Post by rene »

Is clicking the "person icon" in your systray satisfactory?
Last edited by rene on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

If not, how about the 'Session manager' applet that can be added to the panel?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I find it far more quicker to use the shortcut ctrl-alt-end - or the power button (short! press), if this is a laptop.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

you could of course create a launcher for this purpose...the command code to use for quit, (i am assuming you mean shutdown) is... shutdown -Ph now ...just copy and paste that command into the command box in launcher and name it either "quit" or shutdown...likewise, if you wish to make a launcher for reboot the command is as follows... shutdown -Pr now ...and do the same for that launcher as you did for the previous one...then reboot computer...when computer is up again, you will see both created launchers in the menu...just right click on the launcher in the menu and click on "add to panel"...DAMIEN
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Add the User Applet to your panel.

or there are various third party options - ignore the battery one. Session Manager is written by a Mint Dev...

or make custom keyboard shortcuts with Damien's commands (via Keyboards settings module).
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Other topics”