command for apt-cdrom

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
69Rixter

command for apt-cdrom

Post by 69Rixter »

I need to run the command for apt-cdrom to be able to designate the pendrive to APT. Terminal response: apt-cdrom is used to add CDROM's, USB flashdrives and other removable media types as package sources to APT. It wouldn't make sense to designate a USB port, so how-to add the USB flashdrive?

Rick
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: command for apt-cdrom

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

To the OP... Do not issue the command sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
69Rixter

Post by 69Rixter »

RE: deepakdeshp

Thanks for responding. According to the link provided, there is nothing for me to do.(?) Once apt-cdrom is run, that's it (?)

RE: catweazel

Yes, I'm aware of what the command "dist-upgrade" will do. BTW...do you agree that running apt-cdrom is all that's needed? Hey... Thanx for replying!!
69Rixter

Post by 69Rixter »

TO: ANY ADMIN

Just saw "installation and boot" forum. If it deemed necessary, this post could be moved there(?)

THANK YOU
69Rixter

Post by 69Rixter »

RE: catweazel:

Am confused by this: sudo apt-cdrom --no-act add
Using CD-ROM mount point /media/cdrom/
Unmounting CD-ROM...
Waiting for disc...
Please insert a Disc in the drive and press [Enter]

You see, #1 there is no "disc" as I'm running "live" from a pendrive. #2 I have no idea where the mount point would be. #3 I'm guessing I don't want to assign a USB port, but how would I assign the pendrive/O.S. live?
Am I asking too much here?
TNX

Return to “Other topics”