<solved> Mint Forum Icons Missing on FF <solved> THX

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wyght

<solved> Mint Forum Icons Missing on FF <solved> THX

Post by wyght »

I have an Acer 7540-1734 , running Mint 18.3; Kernel 4.10.0-38 generic. AMD Athlon II dual core M300 x2 with 4 GiB ram
While using Firefox Quantum I notice all the icon for Mint Forums are missing (please see image attached)

I do not have a clue why this is so, what settings have I messed up on that causes this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Mint Forum Icons Missing on FF

Post by all41 »

Do you have a script blocker? If so you must allow linuxmint.com
Last edited by all41 on Sun May 06, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
wyght

Post by wyght »

I do not know what a scriptblocker is sorry.
I do not have any extensions other than openDyslexic for Dyslexic fonts on my Firefox
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Try restarting FF with add-ons disabled. You can do this under 'Help' in both the toolbar and Menu.
See if the icons are correct
wyght

Post by wyght »

all41 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:31 pm Try restarting FF with add-ons disabled. You can do this under 'Help' in both the toolbar and Menu.
See if the icons are correct
i just tried this, the icons are not working still. thanks though
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

The FF config files are in your /home directory within a hidden directory named .mozilla (Ctrl+H to view)
Temporarily rename this directroy to .mozilla.old
Now restart FF and it will regenerate a new .mozilla directory with a fresh set of default config files.
See if the icons display properly there.

To revert the above just delete the newly created .mozilla directory and rename .mozilla.old back to .mozzila

fwiw: I use a script blocker and if I deny scripts from linuxmint.com I get the exact icon representation as the one
in your image, otherwise the icons are normal. That's why I mentioned the scriptblocker
wyght

Post by wyght »

all41 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm The FF config files are in your /home directory within a hidden directory named .mozilla (Ctrl+H to view)
Temporarily rename this directroy to .mozilla.old
Now restart FF and it will regenerate a new .mozilla directory with a fresh set of default config files.
See if the icons display properly there.

To revert the above just delete the newly created .mozilla directory and rename .mozilla.old back to .mozzila

fwiw: I use a script blocker and if I deny scripts from linuxmint.com I get the exact icon representation as the one
in your image, otherwise the icons are normal. That's why I mentioned the scriptblocker
success, thank you very much
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: <solved> Mint Forum Icons Missing on FF <solved> THX

Post by all41 »

+1
If you're curious you can compare the files between the old .mozilla directory and the newly created one to find the bad apple.

Return to “Other topics”