pxeboot with unattended linuxmint install

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rmattier

pxeboot with unattended linuxmint install

Post by rmattier »

Hi,
There are quite a few developers that have been using linuxmint as their OS for some time. We have a few machines we are looking to install mint on. I have a pxeboot server that currently is used for kickstarting centos/rhel servers. I did some configuration with it to build mint, but the "Installation Type" screen comes up during the process. Is there a way to properly configure the pxeboot server, or the preseed file to automatically "Erase disk and install Linux Mint" with LVM?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: pxeboot with unattended linuxmint install

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
rmattier

Post by rmattier »

Not really. I already have a pxe server. I'm able to pxeboot other flavors of linux. Is it better to create a preseed file, or do a kickstart file? I tried working with the preseed, but it seems like the preseed file is being ignored when dealing with mint. I am able to get past the language screen, but I'm unable to get past the installation type screen where I would like it to choose to "Erase Disk and install Linux Mint" and use LVM. But it's waiting for manual selection.
jelledj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jelledj »

Hello everybody,

I can not figure out from this post if an unattended install for linux mint works and how, does it support kickstarter to the same amount as ubuntu?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kicks ... patibility

Where is the official documentation for automatic unattended installations from a pxe server with ubuntu mint? I would like to deploy a +50 workstations with Linux Mint unattended from pxe.

Return to “Other topics”