Solved wordpress keyboard short cut

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exxil
Level 2
Level 2

Solved wordpress keyboard short cut

Post by exxil »

So, this weird thing happened after the upgrade to Linux mint 19 cinnamon. I often work with wordpress and I use the keyboard shortcuts to edit, but after the upgrade some of them does not work. The shortcuts for H1, H2 etc (alt+shift+1(or 2,3) does not work, but the shortcut for inserting a link (Ctrl +K) for instance does work.

I have tried in both Chrome and Firefox and they both react differently, but none of them do what I expect them to do...

Truth is I did not only upgrade the OS, I also upgraded got a new computer. But I am sure were to start looking for a solution. Could it be something in the bios.. could it be the wireless logitech keyboard (it is not new and keyboard short cuts did work on the old computer with this keyboard).

Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exxil
Level 2
Level 2

Solved Re: wordpress keyboard short cut

Post by exxil »

Found the solution here:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=273501&p=1499181#p1499181

in short, change the shortcuts for toggling between keyboard layouts from Alt+shift to Ctrl+Alt

Return to “Other topics”