Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LLS

Post by LLS »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Tranfering Files to Android Device.

Post by Moem »

If you use a cable to connect it to the desktop, does it show up in the file manager? If so, that is probably the simplest way.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Telyx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Telyx »

That's how I've always done it with my Android phones and tablets. They show up as removable drives; I just copy and paste.
slipstick
Level 6
Level 6

Post by slipstick »

LLS wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:30 am I've been searching around and am slightly confused here.

I'm looking for a simple way to tranfer files and folders from my Linux desktop (Mint 18.1) to an Android tablet.
most of these files will be docs and pdf's.

Any advice on a simple user friendly way to do this?

Thanks
I had trouble transferring photos, until I discovered that I had to open the notifications on the phone to select "Transfer photos (PTP)". Maybe you need to select "Transfer files" ? I was transferring from phone to computer - haven't tried the other direction.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=273364#p1497606
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they ain't.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi LLS,

There are many good posts on this topic already in this forum, if you search for them.

Easiest way to share files between Android phone and Linux Mint XFCE over wifi? - Linux Mint Forums
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=274479&hilit=android

[SOLVED] Android phone doesnt work on Mint 18.3 - Linux Mint Forums
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=269838&hilit=android

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I dispensed with the cables and having to tell the phone what I want to do,
I go WiFi all the way.

KISS works for me

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ilemanager

going from phone to PC, just make sure the PC has been set up to SHARE the root drive C:\
that resolves navigating around on the PC

Going from Phone to PC, just select the appropriate Image for pix, videos, files, etc....
Short press the source, then long press the files and add until you need to copy:
click the top right menu, Copy to: Network, select Network device and Folder

if going from the PC to the phone, then use the Menu in the upper left corner and then Network to find the PC, navigate to the folder/files and then "Copy to:" and choose your phone
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Other topics”