Moving mouse brings PC out of suspend. How to stop?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Phuxxi
Level 1
Level 1

Moving mouse brings PC out of suspend. How to stop?

Post by Phuxxi »

I like suspend, it's a good function.

But I use a wireless mouse with a USB receiver, and as soon as the laptop enters suspend, if the mouse is moved, it triggers awaken, and the laptop comes out of suspend.

I am OK with opening the lap top lid, or if necessary the power button, to pull it out of suspend.

The power management GUI is a bad set up, and I think it could be a source of many user / config problems by it's self, I tend to think, with your computers, either your using them, or you are not, yet the power manager is set uo to cater for every little nuance of variation in use which could be a source of all problems by it's self.

Since the Power Manager, has no direct control over what causes the system to resume from standby, how do I access full control over what does trigger a resume operation?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Phuxxi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Moving mouse brings PC out of suspend. How to stop?

Post by Phuxxi »

Thanks...

Good directions.

Works perfectly.

Return to “Other topics”