Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andrewgouw
Level 4
Level 4

Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8

Post by andrewgouw »

I have upgraded LM 18.3 to LM 19 successfully, at least that is what I thought. The only message I got since then is "Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8", which I ignored. I keep getting this message each and every time I use the text editor. In the end I reverted back to my backup LM18.3 which was made just before the upgrade.
Everything seems to be normal except "Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8" still keeps popping up particularly when upgrading the kernel.
Is there a remedy for this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lazarus

Re: Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8

Post by lazarus »

I only just asked the same question - with regard to the warn when upgrading - and was pointed at: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=111527#p623968

Works for me.
andrewgouw
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8

Post by andrewgouw »

Did as instructed in your post and got the exact result as it as attached. Thank you very much hope this will fixed it.
utf.png
andrewgouw
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8 - RESOLVED

Post by andrewgouw »

Followed with "sudo update-initramfs -u" and no further problems. Thanks for the fix.

Return to “Other topics”