split audio/video, process audio, recombine audio/video

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

split audio/video, process audio, recombine audio/video

Post by jimallyn »

I have made videos of some local events with my Android phone. Several of them, the audio needs some EQ, limiting, and so on. So, I'd like to separate the audio and video, process the audio in Audacity, and then reassemble the audio and video back together. I know I can open the video with Audacity and do the audio processing, but then how do I put it back together with the video component? I think I could put them back together in Openshot, but I need to separate out the video track to do it. Suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Re: split audio/video, process audio, recombine audio/video

Post by thx-1138 »

...on Avidemux, Audio - Select Track, browse to your EQ-ed audio ( 'Track 0 from video' drop-down menu file explorer).
(of course, keep both Video & Audio output in the main interface to 'Copy' to avoid re-encoding)...
Never used Openshot, no idea...
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Avidemux is probably better for this sort of thing because its Copy mode allows exporting to the same video res as the input. Surpisingly (to me anyway) all the others I've tried impose output profiles.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

OK, I will give Avidemux a shot. Thanks.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Other topics”