Mailing List Compromised?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ytene
Level 4
Level 4

Mailing List Compromised?

Post by ytene »

Hello all...

I am posting to ask if anyone is aware of a possible compromise to the Mint mailing list...

I hold several internet domain names and my registered account to Mint and the Mint forums is literally "mint@" and my domain. I have just received an email from "OmiseGO Gold", with the subject field of "Welcome to the OmiseGO Gold Community!"

Because I have my own domain name, I have the ability to partition unique email addresses for all the different organisations that need to have an email address. In other words, the "mint@" email address is unique to this community.

So when I receive the above email, I have to wonder how "OmiseGO" got their hands on this address. Note that this is an email forwarding address - I cannot send emails from this account because it does not have a full account profile, so there is no way that the address could have been harvested from a mail trail.

I would be grateful if anyone can comment on whether they have received any emails from this source, or whether anyone is aware of a compromise to Mint servers.

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Mailing List Compromised?

Post by kukamuumuka »

Lord Boltar

Post by Lord Boltar »

Personally I have not received any - but email databases are sold, i hope this is not the case -one such is https://www.emaildatapro.com/ you can get 85 million business email addresses for 350 dollars
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

ytene wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:55 pm I am posting to ask if anyone is aware of a possible compromise to the Mint mailing list...
Yes, most of us are aware (or so I hope). It happened in 2016 and was announced on the Mint blog.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
ytene
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ytene »

Thank you - I hadn't seen that warning.

Time to create a new email forwarding address!

Return to “Other topics”