Sucuri blocks access to linuxmint.com

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rcdawson

Sucuri blocks access to linuxmint.com

Post by rcdawson »

I am unable to connect to linuxmint.com using my computer running linuxmint 17.3 with firefox. When I attempt to connect, I connect to a page with the following message:

Hosting Server Connect Timeout
HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

Error Details:
Error Code: HTTP 502
Error Message: Backend or gateway connection timeout.
Server ID: cp11009

What's going on?
Origin server might be down
Sucuri Network blocked by Origin Firewall

Using the same computer, but with chrome as a browser, I am able to connect to linuxmint.com and then to go to the download site.

I can also connect with firefox to linuxmint.com using another computer on the same LAN which is running Ubuntu.
I can also connect with firefox to linuxmint.com using a third computer on the lame lan which is running linuxmint 18.3

I tried rebooting the computer which will not connect to linux mint. No change.

It seems that Sucuri is somehow interfering with connection from this one computer when it uses firefox.

I attempted to reach Sucuri, but they said that I must contact the site owner who is their client. They basically hung up their chat.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Sucuri blocks access to linuxmint.com

Post by MrEen »

It would seem you're not the only one: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=276794#p1521251

Any chance you are in Florida?
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Noticed this during the weekend.
I thought the site was just down for maintenance.
All good today though.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
rcdawson

Post by rcdawson »

First, I'm not in Florida. Second, the issue seems to have resolved itself. I can now log on from firefox with the computer that previously could not.

Seems like there is a bug somewhere. Wish we had a way to alert whoever is responsible for monitoring the site.

I cannot say that the problem is solved, just that it has gone dormant.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

That happens to me now and then. Usually clears up on its own in a few minutes to a few hours.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Other topics”