problem after uninstalling programs

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
asmnow
Level 1
Level 1

problem after uninstalling programs

Post by asmnow »

I was trying some packages and some other configurations and then I've uninstalled those packages from my 18.3 Mint and then I realized that Cinnamon was uninstalled as well along with Nemo and other system programs. I went into a terminal and reinstalled Cinnamon. It worked. I tried several times rebooting the computer and turning off and back on and so far everything looks fine. The problem is that the green LinuxMint billboard that shows while the system is loading or shutting down has gone and instead I have another saying Ubuntu... How can I reverse this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: problem after uninstalling programs

Post by gm10 »

You could look up your /var/log/apt/history.log to see what got uninstalled that you didn't re-install. But for the logo this should do it, run this in a terminal window:

Code: Select all

apt install --reinstall ubuntu-system-adjustments plymouth plymouth-label plymouth-theme-ubuntu-text libplymouth4 
asmnow
Level 1
Level 1

Re: problem after uninstalling programs

Post by asmnow »

Thanks! it worked!

Return to “Other topics”