Accessing my Windows 10 shared folder with Mint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kazoo56

Accessing my Windows 10 shared folder with Mint

Post by Kazoo56 »

Hi guys,
I've been trying out different distros for the past couple of months now and it seems that Mint is the best for beginners like myself. But the one thing I just can't seem to do in any distro is access my windows 10 music folder within any of them. I already made the folder a shared one through Virtual Box but don't know how to get to it. Can someone please help me? I would like to make a full transition form Windows to Linux eventually but need my music. I'll learn the other stuff as I go along. :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Accessing my Windows 10 shared folder with Mint

Post by Pierre »

can you tell us, what your setup currently is :
- which system is the Host System
- which system is the Virtual Guest System ?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Kazoo56

Re: Accessing my Windows 10 shared folder with Mint

Post by Kazoo56 »

My host system is Windows 10 and guest is Linux Mint. I was able to access the folder but would like to know how to have it available everytime I start up virual box and Mint. What are the commands?

Return to “Other topics”