<SOLVED> Google Search Captcha

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WharfRat

<SOLVED> Google Search Captcha

Post by WharfRat »

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else here today.

For the first time ever I was presented with a 'I'm not a robot' page after entering a search term in google's search bar :?

It claims that a lot of traffic was detected from my IP address. I really don't bot the site, but I do search numerous times a day.
https www.google.com search q efibootmgr.png
Below that section is my IP and time of search request.

Has anyone else been presented with this :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Google Search Captcha

Post by catweazel »

WharfRat wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:38 am Has anyone else been presented with this :?:
I get it quite often because I search lots of source code. It's a bane. However go-ogle have recently changed the algorithm so perhaps that's why it's sudden;ly popped up for you.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Happens to me quite a bit. At least once a month.

I often do near simultaneous parallel searches using google which is apparently something it finds suspicious.

I do that so that I don't get caught in what I'm guessing is Googles modus operandi - follow a search until you get trapped in a rat hole and end up buying something that you never knew you wanted above all other things.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Thanks altair4 and catweazel :D

Since I was caught off-guard with this I used DuckDuck for my search.

I'll avoid using Google search for a couple of days and see if that captcha goes away.

If not then I'll just bite the bullet and respond to it.

I hate google at times :x
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: <SOLVED> Google Search Captcha

Post by trytip »

just clear the all time history , close chrome and then open go about your business. if you sign into chrome there is a persistent cookie that stays on your system no matter how many times you clear everything. do you sign into gmail? or youtube?

this also happens when you use a browser vpn extension. was the ip address your own?

you can create a new google search that only sends the minimal info:

https://google.com/search?q=%s

if you get a longer output then the google search sends too much information to the servers. you should not see anything longer than this in addressbar. once you click on links it will have more information, but this is where having a referer control comes handy. the information you don't want google to have is what happens when you click on a link.
WharfRat

Re: <SOLVED> Google Search Captcha

Post by WharfRat »

trytip,

It looks like it went away :?

I tried the address bar search in FF and got the same results as yours.

I then entered google,com, got the search page, entered the search text and got the results without the captcha.

I don't use chrome so I couldn't try what you outlined here.

Return to “Other topics”