Disappearing cursor, Mint 19

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jessamp

Disappearing cursor, Mint 19

Post by jessamp »

Not sure if this is hardware, or software or where is best suited.. so bare with me.

I occasionally experience a disappearing cursor when using Mint 19 in general desktop applications. It goes away, then if I randomly flail the mouse all over, it eventually comes back. Can be using a web browser, or a file explorer.. whatever, mouse just randomly disappears and randomly comes back once or twice a day.

Was using Nvidia-370, tried upgrade to 390 and that did not resolve the problem. I installed using the run files from the Nvidia website for version 410, but the installer still only installed 390 listen in Driver Manager (Must be the latest supported version for my card?)

specs:
980ti on a 4790k build, 32gb ram
Mint 19, Kernel 4.15.0-20-generic
Cinnamon 3.8.9

Any ideas??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Disappearing cursor, Mint 19

Post by kyphi »

There are times when the position of the cursor may not be readily seen even though it is there ... somewhere.

From your main menu go to System Settings, Hardware, Mouse and Touchpad and switch to ON "Show position of pointer when the Control key is pressed".

Next time that you cannot find the cursor, press Ctrl (left or right) and it will reveal its position.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Other topics”