[Solved] Monitor Brightness is Dimming

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theitwizard

[Solved] Monitor Brightness is Dimming

Post by theitwizard »

Hi Guys, I have an issue that is been annoying me for awhile. Here are the computer Specs:
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon, Cinnamon Version 3.8.0
Linux Kerne 4.18.7-041807-generic
Processor Intel Core I5-6500 CPU 3.20GHzx4 Memory 7.6 GiB
Graphics Card Intel HD Graphics 530

The Issue: After a period of time the screen dims and from the bottom of the screen various spot lights are directed upward. Would get one only or at time two. The only way to clear the issue is to turn off the monitor multiple times sometime only once and then numerous times that could be up to twelve or more times. The monitor is connected via HDMI and is the primary (Sharp Smart TV). I have a second monitor attached by DvI-D. The problem only seems to appear on the primary.

I believe the problem is coming from a theme that has been removed Spider-Void (older version from a previous Linux Mint version 18?) that did not cleanly remove all files. I mention this because I have a faint memory of seeing this look before awhile back (year/years). I believe it's a script file running as a daemon and I cannot locate it. if this is what's causing the problem or something else as the TV/Monitor failing. I even tried both HDMI ports and still has the same issue.

I''m asking if anyone has any ideas that may help me to resolve this annoying problem? Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks

UPDATE: Found the problem of brightness is due to the monitor (Sharp Smart TV).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”