PlutoTV keeps crashing Mint 19

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

PlutoTV keeps crashing Mint 19

Post by mrniceguy »

Installed Linux Mint 19 a few days ago. Before that I had Mint 17.3 Rosa. On 17.3, I used to watch PlutoTV. It never crashed in 17.3. But with Mint 19, it plays for a couple of hours and then crashes. I can't do anything, none of the keypad combinations to shut down a frozen program work. I have to hard boot the PC and start over. Happens every single time.

Why is it crashing in Mint 19 when it didn't crash in 17.3?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DAMIEN1307

Re: PlutoTV keeps crashing Mint 19

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

I find that Pluto tv crashes quite well all by itself...it is not a LM19 thing at all...i use 2 roku boxes that are hard wired to a brand new nighthawk router at 100 Mbps download speeds...Prime, Hulu, CBSN, Smithsonian, Roku Channel, Youtube, all work fine and never crash...only Pluto tv crashes on a very consistant basis...i have to go as far as unplugging the Rokus and have them reboot themselves again...Pluto also never responds when contacted about this or any other situation but its free so what can you say...DAMIEN
mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 pm I find that Pluto tv crashes quite well all by itself...it is not a LM19 thing at all...i use 2 roku boxes that are hard wired to a brand new nighthawk router at 100 Mbps download speeds...Prime, Hulu, CBSN, Smithsonian, Roku Channel, Youtube, all work fine and never crash...only Pluto tv crashes on a very consistant basis...i have to go as far as unplugging the Rokus and have them reboot themselves again...Pluto also never responds when contacted about this or any other situation but its free so what can you say...DAMIEN
Well it didn't crash in Cinnamon 17.3, so the fact that it's crashing in 19 indicates there's a conflict between PlutoTV and Mint 19. I tested some other online TV sites, and they aren't crashing. So if there's no solution I'll just avoid PlutoTV.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

well, all i can tell you is that the app that pluto tv purposely made to work specifically in roku devices also freezes and crashes as well. it is something wrong or buggy with their newest update to their systems that is the problem, at least as far as the roku's are concerned...their stuff does "not play well with others" in the "school yard"...so i really cant blame LM19 for this as it also happens on their own apps made specifically for other devices as well...DAMIEN
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

mrniceguy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:03 pmSo if there's no solution I'll just avoid PlutoTV.
If you use or are willing to try Chrome, you can try installing "Pluto TV - It’s Free TV!" via the Chrome store... thing.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

I will tell you only once again...at least as i know on a Roku device...it IS a faulty app even on a roku box "caveat emptor"...if you cannot deal with the fact that they are a faulty application then do not use them...DAMIEN
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

Pluto TV has been having issues recently. Probably would crash on Mint 17 as well now.

Return to “Other topics”