Tara 19 does not unlock keyring

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amandel

Tara 19 does not unlock keyring

Post by amandel »

It used to be, up to 18.3, that after a normal login I could straight away do a passwordless ssh to several servers were I have accounts.
Now, after the Tara instalation, it seems that the ssh keys are not made available automatically, so that I have to call ssh-agent explicitly. gnome-keyring-daemon is running, and the ssh config files have not been changed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
arso96

Re: Tara 19 does not unlock keyring

Post by arso96 »

I highly recommand you to read this : https://www.fosslinux.com/2561/how-to-d ... -mint.htm/
For me it worked, this solution disable password for the user in the console terminal
Last edited by SMG on Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed links from post.
amandel

Post by amandel »

Thanks, but it is not a solution. I do not want to disable the keyring, I want it to work correctly. Also, I don't use automatic login, so the unlocking should occur as soon as I log in with my user password.
catweazle352

Post by catweazle352 »

Well, I got the same/similar problem. Although I do *not* use auto-login, opera/chrome demands to unlock the keyring. And I did not change my password, I just did an upgrade from LM 18.3 to LM 19.1.

Seems to me as if the format of the password encryption scheme may have changed, so that LM falsely assumes the keyring password and the login password are different.

I will do some further research on a test machine (changing my password back and forth, perhaps this will fix it). I'll report later on.

Christof
catweazle352

Post by catweazle352 »

Good news:
Changing my password to e.g. "someotherpasswd", reboot, changing again to "myoldpassword", reboot. After that the issue was resolved.
:D

I suggest to mark the problem as SOLVED.

Christof
amandel

Post by amandel »

Sadly, it didn't work for me. Please, keep the issue OPEN.

Return to “Other topics”