Thunderbugs / Thrips

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Penguinclaw

Thunderbugs / Thrips

Post by Penguinclaw »

Please help!!!!

I Know this isn't just a Linux issue, but does any one know how to get a Thunderbug / Thrips out of an LCD monitor>???? The little bleeder (a tiny species of insect whose sole purpose seems to be to irritate by crawling where it shouldn't) has actually managed to find it's way inside my Samsung 2232bw..... At first I thought my drink had been spiked........ But alas no...... Suggestions??????
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Thunderbugs / Thrips

Post by lagagnon »

Short of taking the damn thing apart I know of no solutions, unless you can find a slightly larger human-friendly bug, tie a thread around his neck, send him into your panel to eat the other one and then haul him out again and keep him as a handy pet. 8)
Penguinclaw

Post by Penguinclaw »

Just to keep everyone informed.... the first little bleater died somewhere off-screen... (before animal activists torch me I love animals, just can they please stay out of my monitor??!)...... But guess what????.... Yeah you guessed it another one has wriggled it's way in!!!!! :shock:

Then again maybe I've just been scripting too long today!!!! :lol:
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Try bug baits: there are some safe ones that can be used, but I don't have a list
--see if it will come out to eat..
Penguinclaw

Post by Penguinclaw »

The little bleater has decided to end its days slap bang in the centre of the screen............... See they warn you about stuck pixels etc..... but bugs!!!!!! I did try to tempt it out with promises of a better life... food for life..... unlimited access to my collection of Linux books and Mags..... But no.... It does the only selfish thing it knows will get to me! I now have to carefully align each open document, web page, wallpaper etc so that black is covering it....... Those men in white coats may be collecting me any day soon!!!!!!

Return to “Other topics”