Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LLS

Post by LLS »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Favicons Missing in Firefox Bookmarks

Post by scoson »

Yeah same scenario for me. I ended up adding the extension 'checkmarks' (I think it's supposed to be about the best solution for favicons right now) and it seemed to work somewhat, but there's still quite a few missing. I just started using FF again after using Pale Moon for several years so I'm having to reacquaint myself and so I wasn't really sure what's normal for it or not. I thought I was using it briefly before I wiped and did clean install of 19.1 and had all of them before. I did a search about it but didn't find much, maybe something like a 'reset' or deleting or renaming 'favicons.sqlite' in the profile folder or something like that but nothing helped..
LLS

Post by LLS »

Last edited by LLS on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LLS

Post by LLS »

scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Yeah, I noticed 'checkmarks' is actually successful in grabbing all favicons when I run it, but 2/3 or 3/4 of them don't display in bookmarks. I suppose I could leave a comment to the dev on the extension page.
LLS

Post by LLS »

Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Try
about:config
and search for favicon.

Edit: I think it's
browser.shell.shortcutFavicons
(I don't like favicons and that set to false so they don't show in bookmarks, on firefox 62).
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

[Solved for me]

I tried messing with this issue again tonight and what I ended up doing was deleting the contents of several folders (in the profile folder) including browser-extension-data, extensions, sessionstore-backups, and storage. I can't say what really helped, I don't know. But as a result it wiped out my add-ons, but that's ok because I only use Bitwarden, uBlock Origin, and Checkmarks, which are painless to add back again. I re-added Checkmarks and ran it and I attained a nearly complete (as would be expected) amount of favicons. Then I added back the other two. I should note that I had already tried in the past simply disabling uBlock Origin to see if that was a problem but it didn't affect it.

Return to “Other topics”