Nemo not opening folder window on USB drive insertion

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chris White
Level 1
Level 1

Nemo not opening folder window on USB drive insertion

Post by Chris White »

It was, then not realising Nemo has the focus I was typing in a command for another application, emacs I think, and it closed the folder window for the USB drive. That isn't the problem but now whenever I insert that particular USB drive I get the usual sound but no Nemo folder window for it.

The drive is mounted because it appears in the Nemo sidebar and I can select it. If the drive is selected and I unplug it the window closes. I have two other USB drives which still behave as expected, insert and a folder window opens, remove and the folder window opens.

I can see the Nemo preferences and opening a folder window on automount for an inserted drive is set. I've searched around and read various threads but cannot find anything about changing this behaviour for a specific USB drive.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Nemo not opening folder window on USB drive insertion

Post by kato181 »

Did you try show hidden files/folder. If nothing is showing now then you must have hit the wrong key sequence and enable hide files/folders..
just a suggestion.
Chris White
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nemo not opening folder window on USB drive insertion

Post by Chris White »

It's not a hidden files problem. If I open a Nemo window I can see the flash drive and explore it. The problem is a window isn't popping up automatically when I plug the drive in. I have other flash drives and windows pop up for these as they do for my phone and Nexus device. Somewhere it's learnt that I don't want a window for that specific flash drive but I cannot for the life of me work out where that information is stored or how to change the configuration.

Return to “Other topics”