Missing 'create link' context menu option in LM19.1

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
m_stokes

Missing 'create link' context menu option in LM19.1

Post by m_stokes »

I recently installed LM19.1 Cinnamon version 4.0.9 alongside LM18.3 Cinnamon. When I right click on a folder or a document file to create a desktop link, the 'create link' option does not appear in the context menu as it does in LM18.3 Cinnamon and earlier versions. I am using the 'traditional' version of the Menu. I have looked throughout the system settings options and find no reference to allow the display of the linking option. I have looked on line as well. While I see references for creating launchers, this is way to excessive for simply being able to create a simple link to a document or folder on the desktop. I have been a Mint user for several past distros and have always had the 'create link' option displayed in the context menu after a right click. If you have a solution to this perplexing issue, please advise. I am using the 64 bit version of LM19.1 Cinnamon version 4.0.9, Kernal 4.15.0-45 generic on a Dell Inspiron laptop with an Intel I-7-3537U CPU @ 2.00Ghz V2 and 8 GiB of memory.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Missing 'create link' context menu option in LM19.1

Post by MrEen »

Hi m_stokes, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not a Cinnamon user, but I believe I read that you need to click on the little + sign in the upper right corner of your context menu to expose Create Link.

Return to “Other topics”