Advice: Install Mint for Someone Else?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LivingPharaoh
Level 1
Level 1

Advice: Install Mint for Someone Else?

Post by LivingPharaoh »

Hi folks,

My mother's partner foolishly bought a Lenovo notebook about a year ago. After being brought into the town's computer guy he bought if off 4 or 5 times for various issues including the thing's slowness and lack of space DUE TO WINDOWS, the guy goes and switches it from 7 to 10 or 10 to 7... the **** installed an unlicensed copy!

All he wants to use his thing for is internet banking, editing documents, Facebook. The usual pleb stuff.

If you, like me, weren't a Linux expert, would YOU install it on this device for someone?

Thanks guys
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Advice: Install Mint for Someone Else?

Post by Moem »

That's not a notebook, that's a netbook. I have installed Mint XFCE on one of those and use it for travel; it's fine.
Good experience, and yes, would recommend.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Other topics”