Where is beryl .rc?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
bwg
Level 1
Level 1

Where is beryl .rc?

Postby bwg » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 pm

Just installed Cassandra a few days ago and I am much impressed.
I started fooling around with Beryl (it is so cool), but I fell into the same trap that I has been ensnaring me since my initial foray into computers.
I thought I would remember what I changed and how much I changed it, but I don't have a clue. I've got a feeling I am not the only who has done that. :)
I cannot find info in man for the settings, so I assume there is a standard text file somewhere with a config switches. So when I get find a normal setting, or if I do manage to correct mine I can copy the orig to have something to fall back on after I screw up the configs.
Any help would be much appreciated.
tks
Bruce

D1Wayne
Level 3
Level 3

Postby D1Wayne » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:16 pm

are referring to the
/home/yourID/.beryl/settings
file perhaps

there are import export buttons in the bottom left corner of beryl-manger fore backups and restores

also if you install the Beryl settengs simple gui, that can be used to scale up/down beryl features (it will change your current settings though). so far the only thing I had to that caused problems is the extras "mini viewport" random
freezes of machine, even with beryl 3

Return to “Other topics”