keyserver error when adding a PPA repo

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
vqt907
Level 1
Level 1

keyserver error when adding a PPA repo

Post by vqt907 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:13 am

"Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.2 Tina is super fast", I heard that from many guys on youtube, so I decide to replace ubuntu 18.04 on my PC with Linux Mint
=> Yes, everything is at least 2 times faster than Ubuntu 18.04, however I have an issue with some PPAs (which work fine with ubuntu) :|
For example: https://launchpad.net/~tista/+archive/ubuntu/adapta
It give error when I try to add: "gpg: keyserver receive failed: No name"
Screenshot from 2019-08-24 21-06-27.png
I tried google but cannot find anything, could somebody help?

gm10
Level 19
Level 19

Re: keyserver error when adding a PPA repo

Post by gm10 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:35 am

Network error. Sometimes just trying again until it works is the solution. You can also try a different protocol:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-key adv --recv-key --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com FINGERPRINT
(replace FINGERPRINT with the one shown at bottom of your screenshot that it is trying to add)

Alternatively feel free to use my PPA, it's got better tech than Mint proper, among other things it doesn't even use a keyserver to add a PPA, so it is not affected by such issues. Your only problem might be to successfully add my PPA in the first place though - you might run into the same issue. :lol:
Tune up your LM 19.x: ppa:gm10/linuxmint-tools

vqt907
Level 1
Level 1

Re: keyserver error when adding a PPA repo

Post by vqt907 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:26 pm

gm10 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:35 am
Network error. Sometimes just trying again until it works is the solution. You can also try a different protocol:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-key adv --recv-key --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com FINGERPRINT
(replace FINGERPRINT with the one shown at bottom of your screenshot that it is trying to add)

Alternatively feel free to use my PPA, it's got better tech than Mint proper, among other things it doesn't even use a keyserver to add a PPA, so it is not affected by such issues. Your only problem might be to successfully add my PPA in the first place though - you might run into the same issue. :lol:
oh, it work!!! :D
so weird but it work! Thanks a lot! :lol:

Return to “Other topics”