Live disc vs updated browser

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Bryan88
Level 3
Level 3

Live disc vs updated browser

Post by Bryan88 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:52 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm really paranoid when it comes to internet banking, so I like to use my installation usb as a live disc whenever I bank online. The problem is, over time the browser gets outdated. Is that really such a big deal, in other words, would I in fact be safer just doing my banking normally with a browser that is kept up to date? Thanks.

Moem
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Live disc vs updated browser

Post by Moem » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:02 am

You would most definitely be safer using an updated browser. There is no real security advantage to using a live system. If stored information in your browser bothers you, set it to clear cookies and other data when you close your browser and/or use a private window (which does not store data).

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Bryan88
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Live disc vs updated browser

Post by Bryan88 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:04 am

Thanks for that. I don't want to go the persistence route, as I like the fact that nothing is saved to the disc when I shut down. I will definitely look at Tails. Unfortunately with UEFI the whole live disc thing seems to have become more of a pain than before, hence my using the installation disc.

Return to “Other topics”