Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Post Reply
deepakdeshp
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00 am

Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Post by deepakdeshp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:05 am

Hello,
I have installed Boinc on my Android mobiles and I am donating my CPU cycles for a noble cause. I have subscribed to World community grid in Boinc ,which has projects like Zica Virus study, smash childhood cancer etc. Boinc can be installed on Windows Linux iOS Android. https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

User avatar
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9231
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Post by catweazel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 am

deepakdeshp wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:05 am
Hello,
I have installed Boinc on my Android mobiles and I am donating my CPU cycles for a noble cause. I have subscribed to World community grid in Boinc ,which has projects like Zica Virus study, smash childhood cancer etc. Boinc can be installed on Windows Linux iOS Android. https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
There's already a 23 page thread on this.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=243792&start=440#p1683946
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

deepakdeshp
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Post by deepakdeshp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:38 am

catweazel wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 am
deepakdeshp wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:05 am
Hello,
I have installed Boinc on my Android mobiles and I am donating my CPU cycles for a noble cause. I have subscribed to World community grid in Boinc ,which has projects like Zica Virus study, smash childhood cancer etc. Boinc can be installed on Windows Linux iOS Android. https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
There's already Z 23 page thread on this.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=243792&start=440#p1683946
That's about Folding. Boinc is different.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

User avatar
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9231
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Post by catweazel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm

deepakdeshp wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:38 am
catweazel wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 am
deepakdeshp wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:05 am
Hello,
I have installed Boinc on my Android mobiles and I am donating my CPU cycles for a noble cause. I have subscribed to World community grid in Boinc ,which has projects like Zica Virus study, smash childhood cancer etc. Boinc can be installed on Windows Linux iOS Android. https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
There's already Z 23 page thread on this.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=243792&start=440#p1683946
That's about Folding. Boinc is different.
lol - protein folding uses boinc.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

deepakdeshp
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Post by deepakdeshp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 pm

catweazel wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm
deepakdeshp wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:38 am
catweazel wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 am


There's already Z 23 page thread on this.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=243792&start=440#p1683946
That's about Folding. Boinc is different.
lol - protein folding uses boinc.
Ah you are correct. Disappointed to find that nobody joined Boinc due to this new thread.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

tinca
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:23 am
Location: England U.K.

Re: Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Post by tinca » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:18 am

deepakdeshp,

if you still wish to donate your spare cycles to a very good cause why not come and join us in "Team Linux Mint" . Find the long thread and you will find all of the possible answers that will enable you to get up and running.

We would welcome any contribution that you make, and so would Stamford University.

We are always looking for some new members to come and give us a push up the team leader chart. We are currently in the top 100 at 90.

Best regards Keith
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
Image

deepakdeshp
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5664
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Noble cause install Boinc and donate CPU cycles

Post by deepakdeshp » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:36 am

tinca wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:18 am
deepakdeshp,

if you still wish to donate your spare cycles to a very good cause why not come and join us in "Team Linux Mint" . Find the long thread and you will find all of the possible answers that will enable you to get up and running.

We would welcome any contribution that you make, and so would Stamford University.

We are always looking for some new members to come and give us a push up the team leader chart. We are currently in the top 100 at 90.

Best regards Keith
I have been donating free cycles from 5 years and I feel about Cancer and Zica virus hence I don't want to change the projects for which I contribute. I donate for donating and don't bother about the rank.
Thanks for the information though.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Post Reply

Return to “Other topics”