Control key not sent to remote PC from Linux Mint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jontrv
Level 1
Level 1

Control key not sent to remote PC from Linux Mint

Post by jontrv » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 am

I have three machines here, a desktop running Mint 19.2, a laptop on Mint 18.3 and a Windows 10 desktop that will soon replace my son's W7 PC.
I use the same keyboard for both desktop machines via a KVM switch. Locally the control key works exactly as you would expect. 
From all of them I use Chrome Remote Desktop to connect to my son's PC. When connected to the remote machine from the W10 PC I can select non adjacent files in a folder by using 'control-click' (quite normal behavior), from either Linux machine the control key is ignored, multiple adjacent files can be selected using the shift key, but not non-adjacent files. Since the Mint desktop and laptop are very different hardware I cannot see that as relevant.

I do not think it is Chrome Remote Desktop at fault, as I think I used to have the same problem in Teamviewer, but since they declared helping my son with his home PC was commercial use I got rid of that app.
For what it is worth, W10 is running Chrome 77.0.3865.90 (it just updated itself to ...120)
and both Mint machines have Chromium 77.0.3865.90 - being the same version they should work the same ??

Has anyone seen this before ?
Can anyone offer a clue on how to start isolating the source of this problem ? At the moment I suspect it is a feature of the keymapping in Mint (Ubuntu?), but in truth I have no idea where to start looking.

John T:

Return to “Other topics”