mintMenu on Win key.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sourwire

mintMenu on Win key.

Post by sourwire »

Hi everyone, I'd like to configure Mint to start mintMenu automatically when I press the Windows button (super key).
When you click on the icon on the panel, you run some kind of script right? Could you identify the location of that script in a key combination?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Go to System Tools > Configuration Editor.

Open apps > metacity > keybinding commands.

Double click on command_1, and in the value field, enter 'What you want to Run' (no quotes).

Now, go to apps > metacity > global keybindings and double click on "run command_1."

In the value enter your keyboard shortcut. Such as <Control><Alt>P, but use whatever suits you...
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
ergosteur
Level 1
Level 1

Re: mintMenu on Win key.

Post by ergosteur »

it's been six months, we've had a new release. wondering if it's possible now? i keep pressing alt+f1 forgetting that it brings up the standard gnome menu.
Noob Saibot
Level 2
Level 2

Re: mintMenu on Win key.

Post by Noob Saibot »

That would be a really cool feature.
Enjoying the Mint Experience
"(to touch the earth is to have harmony with nature)" -hippy

Return to “Other topics”