[SOLVED] Remove a drive image in a folder

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jarp53
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Remove a drive image in a folder

Post by jarp53 »

I was trying to copy the image of my hard drive into a usb , using Disk I click the hard drive and click Restore Image , the dialogue box came on asking me to name it , and then by mistake I copy to a folder : /media/jr/lmde4 , it was only the copy of / the size of 1 mb , and now it shows as a drive , even my xubuntu os sees it ; How do I remove it, couldn't do it with " fdisk " because is not a real hard drive , and < rm -r > don't work because it says is not a directory .
Last edited by jarp53 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gittiest personITW
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Remove a drive image in a folder

Post by gittiest personITW »

Have you tried removing it under sudo?
jarp53
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Remove a drive image in a folder

Post by jarp53 »

I knew this was a lot simpler than what I made it out to be ; when you restore a partition Disk would create partition where ever you tell it to do it , since I click enter before it was told where to place it , it created a separate partition on the hard drive , my problem was that it was so small and I deleted the content , it would not show in fdisk , but one close look in gparted and that solved my problem . thanks for your help.
gittiest personITW
Level 8
Level 8

Re: [SOLVED] Remove a drive image in a folder

Post by gittiest personITW »

Nice one for posting back.

Return to “Other topics”