Xanmod LTS on Linuxmint Desktop and Schedutil CPU Governor

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
sagsaw
Level 1
Level 1

Xanmod LTS on Linuxmint Desktop and Schedutil CPU Governor

Post by sagsaw »

I have linuxmint 19.3 installed.

I installed the Xanmod LTS kernel 5.4.68

This kernel in combination with schedutil cpu governor gives excellent desktop performance along with processor power management.

I ran a 480p video on youtube in firefox browser with this schedutil governor and xanmod kernel ... the cpu frequency kept between 1.5GHZ to 1.9GHZ

with the stock 5.4.48 linuxmint kernel and the schedutil governor the cpu frequency maxed out at 2.3 GHZ and kept hitting turbo boost at 2.6Ghz

I think the Xanmod LTS kernel 5.4.68 with schedutil cpu governor looks to be a very good combination for battery with great performance too.

CPU is AMD A4-9125 RADEON R3 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G

Recommend to try out this combination.
Kadaitcha Man
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Xanmod LTS on Linuxmint Desktop and Schedutil CPU Governor

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

sagsaw wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:28 pm
I suppose you're going to be around 24x7 to help everyone who follows your advice to fix any issues when they post here. The very first piece of advice given to anyone who does that is to revert to a supported kernel. Those of us who do give their free time to helping others do not condone your advice, especially from someone who clearly cannot resolve their own technical issues.
Coming to a thread near you: Lots of bragging about my AMD 5950X. Currently delayed due to high demand.
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

Kadaitcha Man wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:06 pm
sagsaw wrote:
I suppose you're going to be around 24x7 to help everyone who follows your advice to fix any issues when they post here. The very first piece of advice given to anyone who does that is to revert to a supported kernel. Those of us who do give their free time to helping others do not condone your advice, especially from someone who clearly cannot resolve their own technical issues.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

No kiddin'. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Funny how the most eager to help on these sort od forums are so often incapable of doing so.
sagsaw
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sagsaw »

Kadaitcha Man wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:06 pm
sagsaw wrote:
I will next time only state my observation and / or ask questions. Although the recommendation possibly was harmless from any issues arising, will try to not recommend. Will stick to asking questions or posting answers.

Return to “Other topics”