So maybe there is something to this with version 20?[Solved]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Welcome
Level 5
Level 5

Re: So maybe there is something to this with version 20?

Post by Welcome »

wutsinterweb wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:04 pm
I also might be losing sight in one eye, in the process of it being checked.

I ask dumb questions because I'm a very open and direct person, not a total idiot, but I do do dumb things at times, like assuming I had user agent switcher turned off for instance. And being too anxious when I downloaded and installed the OS to check and verify like I should have. I'm an idiot!
Good luck with your eye, if it's a cataract or diabetes related, there's some really good treatments that can really help. And no, you'e not an idiot! You're just like the rest of us. Things happen. We try our best. And think of it this way: you've helped make me happy because I've (hopefully) have been able to help you! :D

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Please be sure to update the title on the first post to include the word [SOLVED].

It has been a pleasure to help you!

Sincerely,
Welcome
antikythera
Level 9
Level 9

Post by antikythera »

wutsinterweb wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:04 pm
I also might be losing sight in one eye, in the process of it being checked.

I ask dumb questions because I'm a very open and direct person, not a total idiot, but I do do dumb things at times, like assuming I had user agent switcher turned off for instance. And being too anxious when I downloaded and installed the OS to check and verify like I should have. I'm an idiot!
No dumb questions asked here. Good luck with the eye exam, I hope it doesn't turn up anything too sinister.

I'm 42 and have macular damage caused by historic high doses of medication for Crohn's in my left eye, so if my right eye gets damaged I'm pretty much screwed.
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor
wutsinterweb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by wutsinterweb »

I have firewall enabled, but your procedure seems wrong and I can find cups or avahi or the other in the list.
I'm just a student, your guidance is appreciated.
wutsinterweb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by wutsinterweb »

ok avahi appeared but not the other two.
wutsinterweb
Level 5
Level 5

Re: So maybe there is something to this with version 20?[Solved]

Post by wutsinterweb »

I'm using a wifi printer/scanner, any tips on setting it up with the firewall?
antikythera
Level 9
Level 9

Re: So maybe there is something to this with version 20?[Solved]

Post by antikythera »

wutsinterweb wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:54 pm
I'm using a wifi printer/scanner, any tips on setting it up with the firewall?
It depends on the MFP concerned, so please state the exact model of printer you want to setup here. My HP MFP works fine over wireless whether the firewall is enabled or not. I did however have to enter the IP address of the MFP for the computer to find it (nothing new, I've always had to do that in hplip toolbox for my networked printers anyway), so maybe that is the step you are missing with whatever driver it is your MFP uses?

I don't have avahi running either because I disabled it even before installing the proper HP PPD files via hplip.

You may want to start a new thread about this MFP issue anyway because generally people will skip over ones marked solved. Please use a more descriptive title about the issue though rather than something slightly vague as you did here ;)
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor

Return to “Other topics”