[SOLVED] Some talk 19.3 ISO was hacked. Just trolls?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shockedquartz
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Some talk 19.3 ISO was hacked. Just trolls?

Post by shockedquartz »

Checking false rumour. Delete please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Some talk 19.3 ISO was hacked. Just trolls?

Post by Moem »

I'm a mod, but I don't see how that has any bearing on the subject... I've not heard anything about this, myself.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

from my Perspective, that is just Trolls trying to elicit turmoil.

I had 18.3 Cinnamon and the only time it broke, was because I was "fixing it better"

I now have 19.3 on two laptops, and have gotten past the need to "Mess with it", and wow!
would you believe neither laptop has ever had a crash since 19.3 Cinnamon was installed? :mrgreen:
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
shockedquartz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shockedquartz »

AZgl1500 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:41 am I now have 19.3 on two laptops, and have gotten past the need to "Mess with it", and wow!
would you believe neither laptop has ever had a crash since 19.3 Cinnamon was installed? :mrgreen:
I friggin' LOVE Mint 19.3. No issues here either.
And I haven't noticed any strange networking activity BUT the info was from more than one user. One has his own IT company (supposedly).
Not trying to raise any flags, but I use this PC for _some_ work stuff and it would be my butt if it was compromised.
So just confirming..
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Maybe you're thinking of this (mint 17.3 Cin only):

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994
"Beware of hacked ISOs if you downloaded Linux Mint on February 20th!
February 21, 2016 by Clem·787 Comments"
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

shockedquartz wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:20 amI read on a couple Internet boards that the ISO for 19.3 was hacked.
Do those "some internet boards" have addresses, which you could link to, so that it will be possible to find out who tells what perhaps?
In case not, then there is nothing to be discussed about. Because there will always be someone who has heard something and starts spreading FUD.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
shockedquartz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shockedquartz »

Flemur wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:10 pm Maybe you're thinking of this (mint 17.3 Cin only):

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994
"Beware of hacked ISOs if you downloaded Linux Mint on February 20th!
February 21, 2016 by Clem·787 Comments"
I was thinking the same thing. They confused it with 2016 and the others derped.

TY all for confirming. Feel free to delete this thread.
The board was Youtube. Poster confirming was 'Yates Networks.'
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

shockedquartz wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:45 pmThe board was Youtube. Poster confirming was 'Yates Networks.'
This is not a web address. Just some very vague hint what to look for. So the source of your alert remains in the dark. :(

Next time you come across some piece of information which bothers you, please,
+ save and share the corresponding web address (not some vague transcription) so that others can read/watch and check as well
+ check the date of the publication. It might be outdated.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Other topics”