Trojan identified by ClamTK.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dmburkus
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Trojan identified by ClamTK [SOLVED].

Post by dmburkus »

Having returned and used the PC for several days, I think I can say that the advice (regarding the removal of the add-on, and replacing it with another) has resulted in a marked improvement in the machine's operating.

Also, I tried out the new version of the operating system, as several members suggested, and it appears that it will be able to run on this machine, too. So, when I have time to swap the new hard drive (which is larger), I will install the new version of Linux Mint on that, and then everything should be fine.

I would like to thank everyone who found the time to write and offer advice. It was helpful, and is deeply appreciated.

Please have a good week.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Trojan identified by ClamTK.

Post by Schultz »

If my browser was compromised by a malware infected extension, after I made sure it was all cleaned up, I'd start with a brand new fresh profile anyway and totally delete the old one, just to be safe.
dmburkus
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Trojan identified by ClamTK [SOLVED].

Post by dmburkus »

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Schultz. I did not think of that. I will do so now.

Please have a good day.
TiBike
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TiBike »

dmburkus wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 am Can anyone give me some feedback on the Firejail Security Sandbox that RIH recommended?
I wrote a short novice perspective on it if that helps .........
dmburkus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by dmburkus »

Thank you very much, TiBike. Your essay is very helpful!

Please have a good weekend, and thank you, once again.
dmburkus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by dmburkus »

I have installed the latest version of Linux Mint as recommended. However, now the PC does not connect to the internet. I read several similar threads in the Linux Mint Forums, but I either do not understand the suggestions, or they cannot be used (for example, the suggestion that the user install a kernel update -- impossible since the PC cannot connect to the internet).

I imagine that this question might be better placed under a new topic, but, if so, where should I post it?

Thank you all for your help.

Return to “Other topics”