Technical issue with prime video

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
justin_bennett
Level 1
Level 1

Technical issue with prime video

Post by justin_bennett »

So I started a one month trial of prime video. When I tried to play an episode I got the error message seen in the attachment. In case you can't see that, I'll copy and past the text here:

"Your web browser is missing a digital rights component.

In your web browser's address bar, type about:addons, press Enter, and then on the left, click Plugins. For the Widevine Content Decryption Module, select Always Activate, and then refresh the video's page and try watching the video.

If the video doesn't play, go back to Plugins, click the gear icon at the top of the page, and then click Check for Updates. When the plugins have updated, refresh the video's page, and then try watching the video."

I'm using Firefox. When I open a new tab and type "about:addons" into the address bar and click "Plugins", there is no "Widevine Content Decryption Module" to select "Always activate" for. When I click "Check for Updates", I get "No updates found".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
amazon_prime_screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Technical issue with prime video

Post by mikeflan »

When I open a new tab and type "about:addons" into the address bar and click "Plugins", there is no "Widevine Content Decryption Module" to select "Always activate" for.
That surprises me because I have never used prime video and I was very surprised to find it listed in my plugins as soon as I opened it with "about:addons" - "Plugins":
widevine.png
I have FF 87.0. What version is yours?
darthtux
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Technical issue with prime video

Post by darthtux »

I had the same issue with FF 88.0. Fixed using the information from this site: https://www.techbian.com/widevine-conte ... n%20button.

If you can’t find the Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc in the add-ons manager. Then you have to install this addon by following steps given below.

Click on the Menu button in the Firefox browser.
Open preference Tab.
In the first option General, Now scroll Down to navigate Digital Rights Management (DRM) Content option.
To Enable Play DRM-controlled content check on it.
Now, Firefox will start downloading the widevine content decryption module.
And you can easily play Netflix HTML5 Videos on firefox.

Return to “Other topics”