Login (user interface) with AD user is not available after adding the machine to the domain.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eddierocampo
Level 1
Level 1

Login (user interface) with AD user is not available after adding the machine to the domain.

Post by eddierocampo »

Hello, I have done research to find the version that best suits compatibility to:
1. AD 2019
2. MCafe Visus Scan.
The version is Linux Mint 19.2. I have carried out the installation process and then the preparation of variables in the OS to join Active Directory. The process ends, without errors, but when you restart the OS, the option to change user does not appear, it only allows you to login with the default user of the installation.

If you enter by ssh from another machine with the domain user, it works, the login from local user to domain user also works, but it does not allow you to start a graphical session with the domain user

NOTE:I can only login with the installation user in graphical mode, but if I connect from another computer by ssh using the domain user it works
Attachments
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Woeful_Zeus
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Login (user interface) with AD user is not available after adding the machine to the domain.

Post by Woeful_Zeus »

Ok, this is not self explanatory and took me some poking around to figure out.

I haven't entirely figured out how to login with an AD user but I have at least figured out how to enable "Allow manual Login" which will help you hopefully.
These steps will work if your PC is on the domain or not so you can do this before or after a domain join.

First, go to "Login Window" in "System Settings"
first step
first step
Second, select the "Users" tab and toggle on "Allow manual login *"
second step
second step
This will only take affect after a hard reboot.

Return to “Other topics”