[solved] system reports

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ekinox
Level 2
Level 2

[solved] system reports

Post by Ekinox »

hi,
After I loaded "Uma", I always see this report.. I dont want to see it anymore. What should I do? Tnx
Attachments
Ekran Görüntüsü - 2021-07-25 11-08-58.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: system reports

Post by Moonstone Man »

Ekinox wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 am I dont want to see it anymore. What should I do?
Don't look at it.

There is no way to disable it. The only things you can do for sure are a) don't look at it, or b) open a feature request on Linux Mint's github page.

You may be able to uninstall the whole system reports application but doing that might remove critical components along with it, leaving your system broken. If you don't need anything offered by the application, and uninstalling it becomes detrimental, then either remove it from the Mint menu or don't run it.
Last edited by Moonstone Man on Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ekinox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ekinox »

tnx :(
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, ekinox.
Kadaitcha Man wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 amThere is no way to disable it.
Acutally, in this case, I am afraid I have to disagree with Kadaitcha Man.
The application "System Reports" is an item in the "Automatic Startup Application" list. You can go to System Settings => Startup Applications. Then check the list of applications, which are started automatically every time, after you have logged in to the graphical desktop, for "System Reports". Disable the item.
Next time, after your login, "System Reports" will no longer be started automatically.
You can still start it on demand from the Linux Mint application menu.

HTH,
Karl
--
P.S.: What I have told above is true at minimum for Mint 19.x. So I assume it still applies to Mint 20.x.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

karlchen wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 am Hello, ekinox.
The application "System Reports" is an item in the "Automatic Startup Application" list.
Oh, ok. Thanks for following up.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: [solved] system reports

Post by karlchen »

Hi, Kadaitcha Man.

Though "System Reports" does start up automatically here, it does not open its application window and display its status "All OK. No problems detected." automatically here.
In so far I am not quite sure, why this seems to happen on Ekinox's system.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
Ekinox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ekinox »

karlchen wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 am Hello, ekinox.
The application "System Reports" is an item in the "Automatic Startup Application" list. You can go to System Settings => Startup Applications. Then check the list of applications, which are started automatically every time, after you have logged in to the graphical desktop, for "System Reports". Disable the item.
Next time, after your login, "System Reports" will no longer be started automatically.
You can still start it on demand from the Linux Mint application menu.

HTH,
Karl
--
P.S.: What I have told above is true at minimum for Mint 19.x. So I assume it still applies to Mint 20.x.
Hi Karlchen,
I have figured out this issue by your advice. Thanks for your help :)

Return to “Other topics”