Customizing the LinuxMint Live CD

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbenner
Level 1
Level 1

Customizing the LinuxMint Live CD

Post by jbenner »

Hello all

I need to customize the LinuxMint Live CD eg. LinuxMint Cinnamon Uma. I found a nice GUI based tool called "cubic" which allows to "unpack" the live CD and I was able to add needed tools, users and additional files in the users home folders under /home/<user>.

After that the an ISO image is created again, which boots fine and all the added tools are available without the need to install them each time after boot.

When booting a unmodified live CD I am automatically logged in as user mint and I have a home folder /home/mint. When I examine the "unpacked" and unmodified system the /home folder is empty. So It seems the user and home folder /home/mint to be created during startup.

Now I wonder if and how is it possible to add files to the Live CD so that I will find them in the /home/mint folder after startup?

Thanks in advance
Jens
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Customizing the LinuxMint Live CD

Post by Hoser Rob »

Mint Live CD sessions don't remember any changes you made unless you make the USB stick iso install persistent. If you search this forum you'll find info on how to do this. But Mint doesn't make it as easy as some other distros do, like Ubuntu or MX in particular.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Customizing the LinuxMint Live CD

Post by mikeflan »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I haven't seen anybody who got Cubic to work well yet, but I hope you do and tell us all about it.
Here is some reading for you:
https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/07/h ... t.html?m=1
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=337413

Return to “Other topics”