USB 3.0 hub problems, kernel messages

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
norseman
Level 1
Level 1

USB 3.0 hub problems, kernel messages

Post by norseman »

Linux warp10 5.13.0-21-generic #21~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 26 15:49:20 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hi all,

I installed the xfce version of Mint 20.2 and changed the kernel to 5.13.0 due to "F0 ... (broken BIOS?)" messages.
Almost everything works fine, including my USB devices.

However, when I plug in my new switchable USB 3.0 hub, the devices do not work correctly anymore (all usb devices!),
and I get Call Trace messages. Furthermore, if I switch off a port and on again, the devices in that
port are not detected anymore, even not when plugged-off and on again.
At that point, I typed lsusb in my terminal, and it got STUCK ! meaning it did not print anything and did not terminate.

The attached inxi -FxZ is without the hub (as with the hub, the system is not working correctly)
The attached message_with_hub.txt.gz is a dmesg with the hub.

Before I send back that hub to the seller: Can anyone enlighten me (after having seen the above files),
if this is the hub's fault, or if it is more likely that the kernel has a bug?
(The seller stated in the offer that the hub would be compatible with Linux)
Attachments
message_with_hub.txt.gz
(23.42 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
inxi.txt
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Re: USB 3.0 hub problems, kernel messages

Post by Larry78723 »

Is secure boot turned off?
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
norseman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by norseman »

>Is secure boot turned off?

yes, secure boot is off on this system right now (dual boot with win10)
but it must be turned on whenever I upgrade that system to win11 ...
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Larry78723 »

Please post an inxi -Fxpmzr report. This will give us a concise overview of your hardware and how Mint sees it per  How to get help .

Here is how to generate the report and post it:

Boot from your installation media (USB/DVD)
Open a terminal window (Ctrl-Alt-t). Make it fullscreen to avoid unneeded linebreaks or chopped lines. Copy the following code and paste into the terminal (Ctrl-Shft-V) then hit Enter/Return:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxpmrz 
exactly as it has been typed here.

Go to Edit, Select All, and then Copy, come back here, click on reply then code tags, </>, and then paste.
The results will help us to help you.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
norseman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by norseman »

Attached, both the requested inxi after DVD boot and after regular boot (I attached an inxi above anyways)
Attachments
inxiFxpmrz_HDboot.txt
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
inxiFxpmrz_DVDboot.txt
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Return to “Other topics”