Volume changing indicator sound - only when not playing audio

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aynef
Level 1
Level 1

Volume changing indicator sound - only when not playing audio

Post by Aynef »

When I first used Linux Mint, I actually liked the sound it made when changing the sound volume. But when for example you watch a very quiet passage in a film and try to turn up the volume to understand what they're talking about, the system sound played as soon as you press the volume change button just makes it worse. because of this, I decided to turn it of via (settings->)sound->sounds.
Now I tried Manjaro Gnome, and I don't know whether it's because of the distribution or because of the desktop environment, but there, without having done something to it, the sound only occurs when no other audio is playing at the moment.
Is it somehow possible to get the same behavior in Mint/Cinnamon?

P.S.: It's not so important so I don't want to create another topic for it, but the visual indicator for volume changes is also annoying me, so if someone knows how to get rid of that one...

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”