Picom sometimes stops running I get a GUI pop up [XFCE/i3-gaps]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kodeb8
Level 1
Level 1

Picom sometimes stops running I get a GUI pop up [XFCE/i3-gaps]

Post by kodeb8 »

I am running Mint XFCE edition, but I replaced the window manager with i3-gaps because I like the tiling workflow more. Because I can't use Xfwm's compositing, I had to install Picom. This works fine for the most part, however sometimes when I get a GUI pop-up, it causes Picom to stop, and I have to either reboot or re-enable Picom manually. I'm not too sure what are the conditions that causes it to stop. For example, when I go set a keyboard shortcut in the settings, on the menu where I type the command, if I hit "cancel", Picom will continue to run, however if I proceed to the part where I actually set the keyboard shortcut, and press "ok", that's when Picom breaks. The way I'm getting Picom to start running is I have this command set in "application startup" "picom -b --experimental-backend". Currently, my workaround for this is I have a shortcut that runs that command, so I can manually re-enable Picom whenever it stops, but this is obviously not ideal.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”