What do you really need in an email client that is not in thunderbird?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Petermint
Level 9
Level 9

What do you really need in an email client that is not in thunderbird?

Post by Petermint »

One of many reviews on the new version of Microsoft Outlook:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/18/2312 ... o-calendar
I have not found anything in it that I would use and is not in Thunderbird.

The main addition is task management and there are already dozens of better task managers. Their task manager is in direct competition to their Microsoft Office task management. That must be really confusing for Microsoft application users. Surly it would be better to have one task manager that interfaces with other applications.

Thunderbird has a calendar that is easier to read on my 15" notebook screen. The new outlook approach would work better if my notebook had a 30" screen. :shock:

Thunderbird connects to everything I need or needed for email. Outlook used to have a mass of restrictions forcing you to install some sort of server application to connect out to document stores. That might have just been corporate stupidity. I know that on some projects I had to access documents then attach them to an email in Thunderbird and send it to Outlook users who did not have their server configured the right way.

I connect to multiple mail accounts across different servers with no problems. POP provides everything for immediate access and multiple downloading. I have no problems with attachment types. Thunderbird does not immediately open and activate viruses.

Do you use anything email related that is not in Thunderbird? Which email client provides that feature?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Re: What do you really need in an email client that is not in thunderbird?

Post by Termy »

I just need to read and send E-Mail in a fairly secure and sane way; that's it. IDK why anyone needs fancy features in an E-Mail client. :lol:
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
Petermint
Level 9
Level 9

Re: What do you really need in an email client that is not in thunderbird?

Post by Petermint »

One thing I would like improved is sending and receiving invites to events. There are a bunch of invite formats and one used to be Microsoft specific. The ideal would be everyone using open invite formats and the email client connecting to open calendars. Now the world is split up into Faceblab, Google, Apple, Instagrim, Tic Tacky, and a dozen others.

Return to “Other topics”