What Happened to my Music?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Unstuck

What Happened to my Music?

Post by Unstuck »

I haven't seen a good solution for putting mp3 files on my iphone, so I put the mp3s on an external disc, logged into Windows and pointed itunes to the directory on the external drive. Itunes only finds/acknowledges about 1/4 of the mp3 files. Does anyone know how to fix this, or, ideally, know of a reliable and simple way to add my music in Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: What Happened to my Music?

Post by lagagnon »

There is a way to sync, but it looks sort of involved - a good project? https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Porta ... ces/iPhone
Lantesh

Re: What Happened to my Music?

Post by Lantesh »

Unstuck wrote:so I put the mp3s on an external disc, logged into Windows and pointed itunes to the directory on the external drive. Itunes only finds/acknowledges about 1/4 of the mp3 files.
Don't use iTunes to read the external disk. From Windows Explorer try copying the files off the external hard drive into the appropriate iTunes music folder on your C drive. Then launch iTunes and rescan your collection.

Return to “Other topics”